Every Man longs for this


By the time a man graduates from High School he only has one good friend for the rest of life. By the time he reaches 30 he will not gain another good friend for the rest of his life. Those two facts keep me awake at night and drive me to my knees.

The truth is... The Enemy loves this truth because he is afraid of men that live in community, and chase after Jesus together. So he has been dividing men for years, and speaking lies that they can never be vulnerable and share their deepest darkest struggles with another man.

He feeds them the lie that they are the only ones dealing with their struggles, and they can never share their dark areas with another man. Lies, Lies, and more lies!

If you were to cut my heart open, you would soon see, I have a burden, a God-birthed conviction, a consuming passion, to pour into men, and watch them band together as brothers. 

All my life I have watched brotherhood happen on Sports teams, and in the Military, but rarely in the local church. I have longed to see this change and God is doing that through a ministry called Fight Club 414.

Yesterday I had the privilege of preaching at a Fight Club brother's funeral, but what encouraged my heart was this...


As the service ended, Fight Club men formed a gauntlet for the casket and family to walk through. Then the unexpected happened... 

The brothers of the deceased man walked both sides of the gauntlet and shook hands and hugged each Fight Club Man in appreciation. I was in tears, as men stood in attention, out of respect for him.

It was the picture of brotherhood, camaraderie, and family...


This ministry has been fought hard against, and the irony is this, that it has come from men. Yet God has continued to use it to push men closer to Jesus and each other.

I loved this photo as brothers sat together in brotherhood, during the funeral. So we press on in the face of adversity, because Proverbs 18:24 states this... there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.

I believe in Fight Club and will give my life to raise up godly men, who will fight for their brothers, their sons and daughters, and wives and homes! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I am learning as the years wind down for my parents

Let you in on a little secret

My 55 year-old me talking to my 18 year-old me